WooCommerce is an open source e-commerce plugin for WordPress. It is designed for small to large-sized online merchants using WordPress. Launched on September 27, 2011, the plugin quickly became popular for its simplicity to install and customize and free base product.
WooCommerce is used by a number of high-traffic websites such as Small Press Expo. For the 3rd week of September 2015, Trends indicated that WooCommerce ran on 30%of e-commerce sites and millions of active installs. Ecommerce is rapidly growing worldwide and WooCommerce has over 39 million downloads as a plugin and is currently active on more than three million websites and is the most popular eCommerce platform in 2018.
WooCommerce has approximately 4% of the of the top million HTML pages. In 2018, statistics show that the percentage of online stores that utilize WooCommerce through WordPress.org’s plugin is more than 30% of all stores.WooCommerce has complete control of the market share with an outstanding 42% of all online stores being powered by Woocommerce.
Since Automattic’s acquisition WooCommerce has kept gaining market share, and has now become one of the leading E-commerce platforms on the Internet.
WooCommerce has attracted significant popularity because the base product, in addition to many extensions and plugins, is free and open source. In 2018, WooCommerce has near 330 extensions and over 1,000 plugins. In addition, there are thousands of paid add-ons for fixed prices. Many Premium Themes now offer capability with WooCommerce as well as plugins that make a theme framework compatible.
Notable WooCommerce extensions include:
- WooCommerce Bookings: Which allows users to sell blocks of time as appointments.
- WooCommerce Memberships: which allows the user to restrict access to certain parts of their WordPress website, and sell access to these parts of the website
Ease Of Use
WooCommerce works seamlessly with WordPress, that is nice for merchants already accustomed to the über-popular blogging platform. In fact, all WooCommerce users should have a WordPress.com account to log into the platform.
WooCommerce connects to your WordPress platform like several different WordPress plugin. simply click “Add New” on the plugins page and rummage around for WooCommerce. Then, click “Install” and “Activate.“
You can then either purchase a premium WooTheme or transfer the free front theme, that WooCommerce extremely recommends.you can access unfinished orders, shipping settings, product info, and inventory pursuit from your WordPress dashboard.
WooCommerce comes with pretty tight shipping practicality right out of the box. There are choices for free of charge shipping, flat rate shipping, native pickup, and native and overseas delivery. AN automatic shipping calculator is intrinsic , and you’ll set totally different rates supported shipping zones. With some add-ons, you’ll access time period shipping estimates from major carriers like USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
Getting started with WooCommerce wasn’t as simple as I had expected or hoped, although it’s laborious to mention specifically why. i feel a part of the problem had to try to to with the mixing of WordPress and WooCommerce. I’m wont to managing WordPress, and I’m wont to managing eCommerce admins, however i used to be thrown off by AN eCommerce admin that appears like WordPress.
I extremely suggest victimisation WooCommerce’s tutorial videos to guide you thru the start stages of putting in place your WooCommerce store. I would like I had found them earlier.
Woocommerce Specific Features
WooCommerce is an open-source, completely customizable eCommerce platform for entrepreneurs worldwide. Go beyond the confines of traditional eCommerce solutions, and be limited only by your own imagination.Last year WooCommerce released a significant update of their software: WooCommerce three.x. Most of the changes during this update square measure on the developer facet, however the release will embrace some improved product gallery options.
Built by more than 350 contributors from around the globe, WooCommerce has developers at the heart.
- Built on WordPress: The principles that drive WordPress also power WooCommerce, so you already know the basics of developing on our platform. Keep using all the plugins you already love and even use the WP-CLI to manage stores.
- Open development: WooCommerce is fully open source and managed on GitHub. Contribute to the software that powers over 2M+ active stores and collaborate with fellow developers to build the future of eCommerce.
- More than 400 official extensions: From payments and shipping to marketing and accounting, we’ve got a wide variety of extensions, all built by developers just like you.
- Tools you already know: Customize WooCommerce with countless actions and filters at your fingertips, custom AJAX endpoints or webhooks.
- REST API: WooCommerce comes with a REST API to manage everything from products to orders.
- Documentation: Every hook, filter, API endpoint, major release and extension is meticulously documented so you have the information you need to make the changes you want.
- Powered by trust: WooCommerce is built on WordPress, the software that runs 26% of the web. Regularly audited by Sucuri, an industry leader in security, you’re in good hands.
- Content at the core: Working on top of the world’s most popular content management system, WooCommerce seamlessly integrates commerce with content. Everything you need is in one place.
- A modular system: WooCommerce is kept lean so you can add just the options you want. It’s also made to work alongside your favorite WordPress plugins, so you can keep the features you already love.
- Sell anything: From physical products and digital downloads to subscriptions, content and even appointments, you can sell anything with WooCommerce.
- No limits: WooCommerce is entirely open source, which means you can modify and customize anything and everything. Because you have complete control, you can add unlimited products and users, and take unlimited orders.
- Worldwide community: WooCommerce stores and developers come from all over the world – from Norway to South Africa, from Canada to Japan.
- Countless themes: Pick the theme that works for you. WooCommerce is designed to work seamlessly with themes you know and love, including each year’s default WordPress themes and many popular themes from around the web.
- Unrestricted customization: Edit any part of your site – from the homepage layout to the buy button – to stand out from the crowd.
- Built-in blogging: Publish great content and build a strong brand. Use WooCommerce to integrate eCommerce with the world’s most popular content publishing platform.
- Embed products, checkout and more on any page: Use shortcodes to add your products to blog posts, or create landing pages that go straight to checkout.
- Categories, tags and attributes make products easier to find: Help customers find what they want by adding tags to describe a product. Add attributes like size so customers can search for items most relevant to them.
- Product ratings and reviews: Show customer feedback directly on the product page, including a ‘Verified Owner’ label.
- Customize for your location: Set the currency, language and measurement units (inches, centimeters or anything else) that’s right for you.
- Product sorting and filtering: Let customers sort products by popularity, newness, rating, price or attribute to find the right fit.
- Unlimited images and galleries: Include any number of photos to show off your products. Set a featured image to highlight the best photo site-wide.
- Unlimited products: Add as many products as you want to sell – your only restriction is your inventory.
Sell any product, any time
A sale is the destination, and your online store is where customers can either abandon things in the aisles or finish strong. With WooCommerce, customers can purchase your products at their convenience.
- Physical, digital, or both: Sell physical products that will ship to a customer, digital products they can download or any combination of the two.
- Affiliate products: Show products available on other sites with an affiliate link for customers to purchase them.
- Unlimited variations: Offer any number of variations (like color, size, fabric and so on) for a product with the option to set prices, stock and images for each variation.
- Import and export products: Add and update product information like name, short description, regular and sale price, and more using a CSV file.
- Built-in payment processing from leading providers: Take payments via Stripe and PayPal. Accept credit cards, Direct Bank Transfer, checks or Cash on Delivery.
- Shipping options: Give customers the option of pickup, local delivery or shipping. Restrict options available based on customer location.
- Shipping rates: Set a flat rate or define specific rates for different products, like extra charges for heavy products. Calculate and show the right rates to customers at checkout.
- Free shipping: Offer free shipping for certain products or certain locations – the choice is yours.
- Geo-location support: Auto-detect your customer’s address to make shipping and tax calculations simpler.
- Tax options: Show taxes based on your customer’s shipping address, billing address or your store’s base address. Automatically calculate major country and state tax rates.
Manage orders and customers
Get orders out the door in a timely manner and keep customers updated to spark future purchases and happiness. WooCommerce has a set of features to make this easier all around.
- Customer accounts and guest checkout: Allow customers to register and choose to automatically generate usernames and passwords, or not. Display a returning customer login reminder. Enable guest checkout for those who don’t want to register.
- One-click refunds: Offer pain-free refunds to customers that can be managed directly in your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Inventory management: Track stock levels, hold stock after an order is cancelled, get notifications for low and out-of-stock items, hide out-of-stock items and more.
- Order management: Add customer notes, edit stock manually, mark items you shipped, and manage the fulfillment process.
- Email templates: Send notifications to customers at critical stages, e.g., after they make a purchase or when their order is complete.
- Add shop managers: Give your team access to manage orders and view reports without making them an admin.
Optimize your store to sell more
WooCommerce comes with features to help you connect your audience with the right offer.
- Search Engine Optimization: WooCommerce runs on WordPress, recognized as one of the best platforms for SEO practices.
- Coupons: Give customers coupons for a fixed amount, a percentage off or special offers like free shipping. Offer coupons for their whole cart or certain products.
- Related products: Show related products to help customers find complementary products or encourage them to purchase more.
- Highlight important products throughout your store: Use a widget to showcase top products, a specific category or tag, products on sale, featured products or recently viewed products on any page of your store.
- Reporting: View sales, refunds and coupons over time. See your top products and categories.
- Dashboard: Add sales, orders, and at-a-glance status summary window to your WordPress dashboard to easily see how your store is doing.
WooCommerce takes a Core+Extensions approach to their platform. Any advanced options you’ll would like come back via extensions, generally at a worth.
WooCommerce’s app store options nearly three hundred extensions. i like to recommend researching extensions within the same approach you’re presently researching eCommerce shopping carts. Take it slow and resolve what you wish. Then, scan a lot of product reviews and comparisons to search out out what’s going to serve your company best.
Take a glance at the total list of WooCommerce’s extensions on their web site.
- Zapier: Facilitates connections with over 1000 extensions
- TaxJar: Automatic tax calculator
- Avalara AvaTax: Automatic tax calculator
- ShipStation: Cloud-based shipping solution
The Storefront Extensions bundle – all the tools you need to customize your WooCommerce store design.
Storefront is woocommerce free, intuitive theme for WooCommerce – make it yours without touching code with the Storefront Extensions bundle. Express yourself, optimize conversions, delight customers.the bundle cost is $69.
Get 1 year of updates and support from the date of purchase. Bundles renew at 100% the current bundle price.
Complete control over every element of your store with the customizer
Deep integration with the WordPress customizer means you can change headers, footers, font, colors, and layouts in your store, without touching code.
A homepage to captivate, engage visitors, and set you apart
First impressions matter. Create a homepage as unique as your brand with full control of layout, products, and categories. Add a contact form, customer reviews, and a beautiful parallax hero component.
Optimize conversion rates with reviews, sticky cart and more
Use features like distraction-free checkout mode, beautiful reviews, and a sticky cart on your product pages to create a store and shopping experience that boosts the bottom line.
Keep your store running in ship shape
Build site navigation and menus that make it easy to find what’s important. Easily add an expanded menu, bespoke mobile menu, and control the appearance of your image gallery and pagination.
Get the tools you need
Find everything you need to get started in our free guides – API documentation, product update information, and everything else you need.
WooCommerce 2.6+ is fully integratedwith WordPress REST API.
All the information you need to create great product and sell through our official marketplace.
View the source , open issues and keep track of development.
Follow thedevelopment blog for core updates.
Engage with an active community in the forums.
View documentation, reference materials, and tutorials .
Get help realizing your vision
WooCommerce is a worldwide community, and they’re here to help you make your online store a reality.
- Documentation: Follow their how-to documentation and friendly video tutorials for WooCommerce and all extensions sold on WooCommerce.com to make your dreams come true.
- WordPress.org Forums: Find answers in the public WordPress.org forums .
- Customization: Use these resources for small tweaks to full-scale redesigns.
- WooExperts: Reach out to these vetted experts who are at-the-ready to offer in-depth consultations and custom design and development for something truly special.
- New and improved reports
- Improved notification experience and improved store management tools
- A brand new dashboard
While it isn’t ready for use on production sites, woocommerce are developing the new interface publicly so their developer community can comment and contribute, and are starting to make certain features available as a feature plugin.
Read on for why they’re working on the new interface, when to expect public beta (and inclusion in core), and what to look forward to from the new and improved WooCommerce experience.
The Journey Towards a Fresh Interface
Earlier this year, leveraging some of the power and potential of Gutenberg, they released a Product Block to make it easier to embed products within your WordPress site. It’s currently active on more than 40,000 sites with upwards of 100,000 downloads.
Whilst they plan the next blocks — for example, to help store builders to create landing and marketing pages more easily — they’ve also been working on a brand new interface enabled by the arrival of React in WordPress core.
- New and Improved WooCommerce Reports
woocommerce first step was to overhaul the existing reports. The existing reports are cumbersome to use and significantly less valuable to users than they could be with internal usage data showed that very few merchants even look at their reports.
Because the reports haven’t been extended much by their extension developers (partly because we didn’t make that easy for you and partly because woocommerce haven’t provided the right components to make reports valuable to merchants) they were a simple starting point, too.
There are nine reports woocommerce’ll be working on to help merchants better understand their stores. And, woocommerce’ll be introducing a new report for product variations – one of the most requested improvements we’ve had for our core product.
The new reports will be a huge improvement on the existing reports, merchants will be able to:
- Quickly filter data.
- Compare date periods, finally.
- Have easy access to the data points that matter.
- Download reports in CSV format.
- Your Brand New WooCommerce Dashboard
Woocommerce’re building a new dashboard that will be the default landing page when you visit WooCommerce. Merchants will be able to see at a glance how their store is performing and control what they see, and the dashboard will be extendable by developers.
For the dashboard, Woocommerce’ll be using design patterns found in Gutenberg to allow merchants to add and remove blocks from their dashboard.
- An Improved Notification Experience
Finally, Woocommerce’re working on what Woocommerce’re calling the Activity Panel that provides merchants with new store management tools, no matter where they are in their store.
Merchants will be able to:
- Fulfill orders.
- Manage stock.
- Manage inventory.
- Manage store notifications.
With regards to notifications: Within the Activity Panel, Woocommerce’re working on an Inbox where their merchants will have an improved user experience when dealing with notifications – a widespread WordPress problem we’re attempting to solve for WooCommerce merchants.
There will be an API and new REST API endpoints for developers to add notifications from their extensions and, as with everything we take on, this will all be responsive.
How to Test The New WooCommerce Interface
Woocommerce’d love their developer community to start putting the code through its paces. While you shouldn’t use the plugin on a production site, you can install it on a developer environment to see what they’ve created.
When you’re ready:
- Download the feature plugin
- Read the installation instructions. We’ve also started documenting the new project .
- Report any issues or questions you might have on the public repository on Github.
What to look out for:
Woocommerce’ve wrapped up the Revenue Report and Orders report – two new reports that will replace the existing Sales Report available in core. Woocommerce’ve created a sample report so you can understand how you would create your own reports for your extensions or clients.
Woocommerce have one block working that displays Top Selling Products in the new dashboard and the Activity Panel can be seen. We’re currently working on the APIs to power the Inbox that developers will be able to integrate with.
Payment Processing system
WooCommerce comes with 5 integral payment choices, however if that isn’t enough for you (and if you expertise any important growth, it won’t be), further payment gateways are on the market as extensions.
Here are WooCommerce’s payment system capabilities:
- Direct Bank Transfer
- Check Payment
- Cash on Delivery
You can also find 100+ additional payment system available as add-ons. These include the following most popular options:
- Amazon Payments
Woocommerce Support and Service
As within the case with most free, open source choices, WooCommerce comes with restricted personal support. You won’t be ready to get facilitate through social media, email, or phone, though you’ll be able to submit an online ticket. WooCommerce can often answer these net tickets through a live chat.
Support choices are additional limited if you decide on to customise your web site with a lot of non-Woo product. WooCommerce can raise you to disable those third-party product before they’ll offer any aid.
Although personal support is limited, WooCommerce permits you to access a lot of assistance choices. These tools include:
- WooExperts for Hire
WooCommerce general support hours are Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:00 (South African Standard Time, or GMT+2). Although they strive to respond to all queries within 24 hours, their actual response times may vary and WooCommerce may take longer to respond to more advanced or technical queries.
If you would like to contact WooCommerce regarding account-related issues or pre-sales questions, use their Contact Form. WooCommerce will respond to you as soon as possible.
WooCommerce is self-hosted platform, your site’s security rests mostly upon your shoulders. Sure, WordPress comes with some intrinsical security measures, and third-party payment gateways scale back a number of your personal risk, however you’re still to blame of guarding your web site against security breaches. select a secure net host, purchase a decent SSL certificate, and check that you stay high of all security patches.
When you download WooCommerce, you be part of an outsized community of look homeowners Who facilitate one another find solutions to technical problems. what is more, as a result of WooCommerce is such a well-liked open supply choice, you’ll expect developers to be perpetually adding to the pool of features and extensions.With three hundred accessible, you’re sure to find the add-ons you wish to run your store the approach you planned.
There are a lot of features you need to get acquainted with if you want to run a successful operation, and you may not be sure where to start.WooCommerce extensions come in all flavors and sizes
if you’re unaccustomed ecommerce – WooCommerce makes it straightforward for anyone to form a surprising on-line store. Themes play a significant role in this method. Armed with the correct theme , you’ll be ready to craft stores
Updates occur usually, and customers report that the new versions of the platform square measure systematically higher than the previous.WooCommerce could be a cheap resolution , and it will a superb job of harnessing WordPress’s SEO and practicality for your profit. And, if you’re willing to figure through technical problems with largely simply guides and forums to rest on, WooCommerce may be the proper possibility for you.
Woocommerce.The most customizable eCommerce platform for building your online business. Get started today for free.
APPLE MUSIC – HOT TRACK
- Le Sacre du Printemps / Pt 1: L’Adoration de la Terre: Introduction – New York Philharmonic & Jaap van Zweden
- If I Was – SUSTO
- Under the Sun – Spellling
- Albatross (feat. Judy Collins) – Lara Downes
- Shallow – James Yorkston
- Till We’re in the Sea – RKCB
- The Needle’s Eye – Adia Victoria
- El Mago – Enigma Norteño & Grupo Codiciado
- Paralyzed – Dream Theater
- Amethyst Realm – The Claypool Lennon Delirium
- Only Child – Tierra Whack
- Handmade Heaven – MARINA
- Lips on Lips – Tiffany Young
- The Answer – Jamie Lawson