WHAT IS E-MAIL MARKETING?
Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing.
It usually involves using email to send advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. Marketing emails can be sent to a purchased lead list or a current customer database.
The term usually refers to sending email messages with the purpose of enhancing a merchant’s relationship with current or previous customers, encouraging customer loyalty and repeat business, acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately, and sharing third-party ads.
Opt-in email advertising
Opt-in email advertising, or permission marketing, is advertising via email whereby the recipient of the advertisement has consented to receive it.
A common example of permission marketing is a newsletter sent to an advertising firm’s customers. Such newsletters inform customers of upcoming events or promotions, or new products. In this type of advertising, a company that wants to send a newsletter to their customers may ask them at the point of purchase if they would like to receive the newsletter.
With a foundation of opted-in contact information stored in their database, marketers can send out promotional materials automatically using autoresponders—known as drip marketing. They can also segment their promotions to specific market segments.
Email marketing is popular with companies for several reasons:
Email marketing is significantly cheaper and faster than traditional mail, mainly because with email, most of the cost falls on the recipient.
Businesses and organizations who send a high volume of emails can use an ESP (email service provider) to gather information about the behavior of the recipients. The insights provided by consumer response to email marketing help businesses and organizations understand and make use of consumer behavior.
Almost half of American Internet users check or send email on a typical day, with emails delivered between 1 am and 5 am local time outperforming those sent at other times in open and click rates.
1. Know Your Goals
All excellent marketing begins with setting goals, and e-mail marketing’s no different. To run a successful email marketing campaign, think about what you prefer to achieve. If you want your campaign to be successful, you’ve obtained to step returned and suppose about what you’re trying to accomplish.Typical goals for an email advertising marketing campaign include:
If your website earns money on advert impressions, you’re probably trying to pressure traffic. Your emails will probably include hyperlinks to popular or recent content on your site.
If you promote products in an ecommerce store, you would possibly be making an attempt to force sales. In this case, your emails would possibly hyperlink to excellent sellers, promote new merchandise, welcome new members, or reward loyal ones.
Boosting engagement with your content and your business, whether or not that’s advertising a webinar or attempting to make an preliminary sale.
If you’re looking to convey attention to a cause, you would possibly send out a newsletter with human hobby stories, cutting-edge events, important points on community activities, or requests for donations.
Re-engaging subscribers who haven’t been specifically active.
Segmenting your subscribers so you can send extra focused e-mail marketing campaigns.
2. Choose an Email Marketing Platform.
There are a few approaches you can go about doing this. If your email advertising and marketing needs are pretty simple, it’s feasible your CRM offers e mail advertising and marketing features that match your needs
However, if you’re searching to build self-sustaining e mail advertising and marketing campaigns with e-mail triggers and autoresponders, you’ll likely favor a committed e-mail marketing service provider.
- SENDINBLUE — MailChimp allows you to send automated, targeted emails, track performance metrics, design templates with a drag-and-drop interface, and incorporate social media ad campaigns. It also integrates with major ecommerce platforms. Sendinblue has a free version, while paid subscriptions start at $23.20/month.VISIT SENDINBLUE
- GETRESPONSE — GetResponse offers email marketing, custom landing pages, and webinar marketing with solutions tailored to different industries. It integrates with popular ecommerce platforms, and its marketing automation scales for growing companies. Its basic email marketing package starts at $15/month, billed monthly, with discounts available for annual/bi-annual plans.VISIT GETRESPONSE
- CONSTANT CONTACT — Constant Contact Constant Contact offers highly effective email marketing with a bevy of mobile-responsive templates suited for various needs and industries. It tracks KPIs in real-time, simplifies list-building and contact management, and provides campaign ideas by industry. Constant Contact Constant Contact offers a 30-day free trial; paid subscriptions start at $20/month with 30% annual discounts.VISIT CONSTANT CONTACT
- ACTIVE CAMPAIGN — ActiveCampaign offers email marketing and marketing automation with a drag-and-drop campaign builder. It enables highly-specific segmentation strategies by consolidating data from your integrated third-party apps. It provides detailed reports, optimization tools, and ecommerce integration. Subscriptions start at $17/month with annual discounts, and further discounts for non-profits. VISIT ACTIVE CAMPAIGN
- E- GOI — E-goi provides a library of professionally-designed email templates for branded email marketing. It offers a drag-and-drop campaign builder, dynamic content, optimization tools, and detailed tracking tools. It rates very highly in customer support — with 24/7 customer support. E-goi offers a very limited free version to get users started, while paid plans begin at $30/month. There are also pricing options to pay per campaign.
- CONVERTKIT– Convertkit is the newest version of the email marketing and marketing automation platform. This version brings new features, such as the possibility to create online forms linked to your contact lists or to easily create and send out SMS marketing. convertkit also offers a wide range of fully responsive templates to choose from. With a intuitive interface, you can easy create emails and landing pages that reflect your style with the drag and drop builder. The app is also integrated with Magento, Prestashop and WordPress.Price plan starts from $ 29/mo.VISIT CONVERTKIT
- AWEBER — Aweber allows you to send automated, targeted emails, track performance metrics, design templates with a drag-and-drop interface, and incorporate social media ad campaigns. It also integrates with major ecommerce platforms. Aweber has a free version, while paid subscriptions start at $19/month. VISIT AWEBER
3. BUILD YOUR E-MAIL LIST
Email advertising and marketing is a high-impact, low-priced way of turning in your marketing and advertising and marketing message to cutting-edge clients and potentialities — if, that is, you have a top notch e mail e-mail list . If your email list is short, scant on information, full or mistakes and redundancies, or just no longer on-track with your targeting, that poor-quality statistics can be worse than having no information at all!
Without a excellent e-mail list all your distinctive digital advertising and marketing efforts are little more than wheel spinning.If a consumer or prospect visits your website, they’re already at least specifically interested.
Don’t omit over the opportunity to add them to your e-mail list. Include e mail registration varieties on each and every primary page of your site, as nicely as on the pages for famous products and services.
Your weblog offers a excellent way to build a personal relationship with customers and potentialities — and to accumulate their e mail addresses. Consistently give up blogs with a call to motion that encourages readers to sign up for your email messages.
Require blog visitors to provide an electronic mail listing in order to go away comments, and set it up so that they have to actively opt out if they don’t pick out their e-mail address included on your mailing list.
These are most frequent way to generate/build your email list however this is slow method and will take few months or a year.the best way is to buy a TARGATED E-MAIL DATABASE. You can save your valuable time
If you have a readymade electronic mail database then you can begin your advertising and marketing campaign right now and capture more leads in a short time.Through this approach you can get approx 283% greater leads.This is a positive method due to the fact you have the targated e-mail database. BUY TARGATED E-MAIL DATABASE
4. SELECT EFFECTIVE SUBJECT LINE
Always choose effective subject line.this is the opening gate to open and read your mails. A good starting point for any successful email marketing campaign is the subject line, which plays a crucial role in getting people to open and click your emails. Like the headline on your blog post, an email subject line has to get attention so people want to go further.
Options for improving your subject lines include:
Telling people what they’ll get when they open your emails; no need to be wise or witty except that’s your brand’s personality.
Adding personalization, as which include people’s name in the subject line can keep them greater engaged.
Avoiding unsolicited mail trigger phrases so your emails make it to the inbox.
Borrowing one of these high-converting e-mail subject lines and adapting it for your personal use. two Next, it’s time to write your e mail advertising and marketing copy. You’ll desire to create a hook proper at the start that will get people to prefer to read on.
For excellent results, maintain email advertising and marketing copy short, and keep away from pitching your provide too early. You prefer people to get satisfied first.
Address subscribers by using name. Personalized emails are greater successful. Buffer additionally suggests to personalize your emails based on need by using sending emails that meet distinctive user expectations. This makes them extra focused and more probably to be successful.
Some research show that educating and segmenting your target audience will boost your click via rate on emails by way of up to 60%. two The ultimate phase of your e mail advertising copy is the call to action (CTA). Your CTA displays the one element you most prefer people to do when they’ve read your email.
CTAs usually appear multiple times inside your e mail advertising and marketing copy. While you don’t choose to pitch to readers too soon, there’ll probable be a CTA near the start, in the middle and close to the end.
5 . OFFER FREE GIFT
Most internet site owners assume the great way to grow their subscribers is by means of adding a “Subscribe to My Newsletter” form to the sidebar of their weblog or website. Trust me … I know! I had 6,000 people viewing my blog on a monthly basis however it only resulted in 12-15 new people joining my e mail list.
You want to provide a compelling reason for anybody to want to give you their e-mail address. Most site visitors don’t simply choose to join your “newsletter” due to the fact it isn’t immediately gratification; they usually have to wait a while till you get around to sending your subsequent newsletter.
By giving your readers something for free like a FREE E-BOOK on a topic you’re an expert in, they can get something instantly.
Think about all the newsletters you are presently subscribed to. How many of them did you subscribe to due to the fact you definitely desired to get their newsletter and how many have been because you signed up for a free service, webinar, free white paper, a coupon, a case study or an ebook?
The reason the free ebook giveaway worked so well for you is because it is related to your blog and something your new visitors want.
If you are selling a service, I suggest you to giving away a free ebook, PDF or 15 minute consulting session/Time.
If you are selling a physical product: I suggest you to give a downloadable coupon.
A free PDF or ebook is the best thing to give away.
Makes you appear like an expert
Doesn’t underestimate the product/service you are selling.
6. KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE
If you’ve been doing e-mail advertising and marketing for a while, you’ll probable know who your target market is. If you’re just getting started, you’ll have to make some trained guesses so you can target your content. Don’t worry; you’ll begin collecting subscriber data the minute you send your first campaign, so subsequent time round, you’ll have real statistics to work with.
So, what do you think about this ? Is this a strategy you will generate more leads? write you comment blelow.